The resources you need to succeed with Cape Charles Main Street.
Why should you choose Cape Charles as the site of your new business? We’re a travel destination that’s unmistakably on the rise, yet our rents are still reasonable. We have a welcoming, tight-knit community of businesses and residents who are eager to see new ventures succeed. And that’s just the beginning. Get a quick-start checklist to get you business up and running!
Cape Charles Means Business
Resources to Launch Your Business
Starting a new business can be intimidating, but it helps to know that you’re not alone. In Cape Charles and across Virginia’s Eastern Shore, you’ll discover a wealth of resources to help turn your dreams into a reality. Start here.
- The Town of Cape Charles. Learn about town codes, taxes, local incentives, and more on Cape Charles’ official website.
- Cape Charles Market Assessment. Find out about local demographics, the housing market, retail opportunities, and more.
- ESVA Chamber of Commerce. Browse the business directory, find out about chamber events, and discover local resources on the Eastern Shore of Virginia’s Chamber website.
- Northampton County’s Guide to Starting a Business. The Northampton County Chamber of Commerce presents a helpful guide for new local businesses.
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Tourism Commission. With the goal of attracting visitors, stimulating economic development, and protecting our communities, ESVA Tourism is here for local businesses.
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership. Find business incentives, grants, and other forms of financial assistance for running a business in Virginia.
- Guide to Launching a Business in Virginia. Virginia.gov’s checklist for starting from scratch.