About the Board of Directors
What We Do
The Cape Charles Main Street’s Board of Directors is a hands-on working board committed to the nonprofit’s mission of revitalizing downtown Cape Charles in accordance with the Virginia Main Street Four Points approach.
Cape Charles Main Street Board Positions
- Promotions Committee: Works to create a positive image that showcases our community’s unique characteristics through promotional marketing activities, such as signature events, retail promotion and image campaigns. Their goal is to identify and promote the district’s unique niche in the marketplace. 2 Open Positions
- Design Committee: Works to shape the physical image on Main Street as an inviting and friendly place attractive to residents, shoppers, investors and tourists. It focuses on improving the physical environment by encouraging building renovation and construction of compatible new buildings, improving signage and merchandise displays, and creating attractive and useable public spaces.
- Economic Vitality Committee: Concentrates on strengthening the district’s economic base, finding new ways to expand the economy and introducing compatible new uses. It focuses on the community’s unique sense of place, existing historic assets, and creates a supportive business environment for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Organization Committee: Provides the strong organization foundation needed for CCMS to be sustainable and successful. The committee takes responsibility for managing financial and logistical aspects of a non-profit, such as fundraising, overseeing volunteer activities, promoting programs and developing the logistic foundations needed.
- Member at Large: provides direct communication between Cape Charles Main Street and the Town of Cape Charles
- Volunteer Coordinator: Coordinates all requests for volunteers for programs, events and other needs as they arise. Additionally, building out and maintaining a volunteer database.
- Merchant Liaison: A one-year term held by a local business owner who shares the merchant point of view with the Board, coordinating with Economic Vitality. Direct communication with local business’ activities, hours and needs.