Running a Business in Cape Charles
Working together to build a stronger business community.
If you’re a Cape Charles business, we want to thank you for putting down roots here — and we want to help you stay planted. You work hard to keep your business running, which is why the team behind Cape Charles Main Street is committed to providing the resources, opportunities, and solutions to help you succeed.
Small Business Recovery Assistance Grant
In October 2020 Cape Charles Main Street partnered with the Town of Cape Charles and was awarded $845,115 to help local businesses recover from the COVID19 shut down. The grant, through Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (Va-DHCD), continues to help business in Cape Charles and lower Northampton County from Eastville to the Bay Bridge.
The grant is being administered by Cape Charles Main Street (CCMS) with the help of an oversight committee. Karen Zamorski, Executive Director of CCMS heads the team that has awarded over 50 businesses grants of up to $15,000.
Virginia DHCD approved an expanded program in July 2021 to include utilities, giving more small businesses an opportunity for support. Funds may still available to qualifying businesses until the program closes September 30, 2021.
To determine qualification requirements read the Grant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and then complete and submit a Grant Application to the CCMS office at 718 Randolph Avenue, Cape Charles, VA
Grant Information Links:
Cape Charles Means Business
Resources to Launch Your Business
Running a business can be challenging, but it helps to know that you’re not alone. In Cape Charles and across Virginia’s Eastern Shore, you’ll discover a wealth of resources to help your business thrive. Start here.
- The Town of Cape Charles. Learn about town codes, taxes, local incentives, and more on Cape Charles’ official website.
- Cape Charles Market Assessment. Find out about local demographics, the housing market, retail opportunities, and more.
- ESVA Chamber of Commerce. Browse the business directory, find out about chamber events, and discover local resources on the Eastern Shore of Virginia’s Chamber website.
- Northampton County’s Guide to Starting a Business. The Northampton County Chamber of Commerce presents a helpful guide for new local businesses.
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Tourism Commission. With the goal of attracting visitors, stimulating economic development, and protecting our communities, ESVA Tourism is here for local businesses.
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership. Find business incentives, grants, and other forms of financial assistance for running a business in Virginia.